Saturday, March 05, 2005

Love Hina

Finally finished watching the anime (25 episodes) but somehow, I don't find it complete at all. Maybe the OVAs like the Christmas and Spring SP will fill in the answers.

To be frank, the manga is more ecchi than the anime because the bathing scenes are not as explicit. Anime is also meant for kids so I think they have to tone down the ecchi-ness. However, I think the manga has a better story development than the anime which seems to rush through things. At the end of some episodes, I still don't get what they are trying to get at. Maybe it's because manga has more time on their advantage to develop the story properly.

Among the characters, my personal favourites would be Motoko (cool gal!) and Kitsune (kansai-ben rocks). I seem to be liking characters who speak Kansai-ben like Oshitari in Tenipuri, Kawachi in Yakitate Japan and now, Kitsune. Somehow, it sounds very nice to my ears but I can't really explain why. I don't really like animes or mangas where the girls have eyes that take up two thirds of the face so Naru fits this description. It's not that I dislike Naru but then her character gets on my nerves with the constant violent outbursts. It gets really tiring to see her do that all the time even though she has a very sweet appearance. Shinobu is too weak-minded to my liking while I think Sarah and Su are very cute. Kitsune, Sarah and Su are the humour highlights in the series, not forgetting Seta who is such a klutz. Will probably try to find the OVAs to see or else the story is as good as half-done in my mind...

No comments: