Sunday, July 17, 2005

Suzuka

A new anime in July...I started to watch this because this promises to be a quality love story but I don't really like the pace of the anime and the tinge of ecchi-ness here and there. Personally, I don't like animes where the girls are drawn with extremely prominent bust sizes.

The story is between Asahina Suzuka who is scouted to join a new senior high school because of her high jump abilities and Akatsuki Yamato who wants to change himself and comes to Tokyo to study. Being people with different personalities, the two have their clashes but they feel closer to each other with each happening. I get the idea that Yamato has some feelings towards Suzuka but he's probably not going to make any move unless he's faced with some strong competition.

A familiar face in the seiyuu list...Kaida Yuki who plays Fuji Shusuke in Tenipuri and plays the aunt of Yamato, Fujikawa Ayano but I can't really identify her voice until I saw the ending credits. Maybe it's because Fuji's a guy so the way they speak should be different.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue watching this towards the end of the season but I'll give it another few tries.

No comments: