Tuesday, February 14, 2006

ParaKiss shop Valentine's Special

In conjunction with Valentine's Day, the ParaKiss shop in Venus Fort is selling 2 different Valentine's kits at 5000 yen each of limited quantity. As seen from the poster, both kits consist of 4 items each and come with a red bag. Apparently, the items would have cost more if bought on its own so that's why they are emphasizing that you can get the stuff at 30% off by purchasing the kits at 5000 yen each. That's about SGD 70 but I doubt I'll buy them since only the bookmarks of Yukari and George interest me. Wonder how much these will cost though. What a pity that the ParaKiss shop doesn't do any online sales or I would have wanted to lay my hands on those bookmarks although I plan to keep them as a collector's item instead of using them. Set A consists of a M-sized T-shirt, a purple mousepad, a bookmark of Yukari and a coaster which comes in either blue or pink. As for Set B, it consists of a brown hand towel, bookmark of George, a handphone strap and a pink pouch. It is not known how many sets are available for sale though as it is not stated clearly on the poster.

I ordered the ParaKiss manga from Amazon Japan and it has yet to arrive. The delay is probably due to the use of Vpost Japan which allows me to enjoy free shipping from Amazon but the tradeoffs are being imposed with the sales tax and the items taking a longer time to reach me. However, the shipping I pay for Vpost Japan is at least 70% lesser than what I would have paid if I got Amazon Japan to send it to me directly. As such, if I'm getting books from them in future, I'll probably use this method again for cost savings. The sales tax is not much as compared to the savings in this instance but I would have avoided this charge if the order was shipped to an overseas address. I guess there can't be a perfect method to resolve this matter so it's an either-or situation where I have to forsake some benefits so as to get a better deal. I can't wait to read the manga since I've read so many comments about it being better than the anime and would like to judge it personally. Anyway, I don't really blame the anime for not being as detailed since there were only 12 episodes so it was inevitable that the producers had to exclude some developments in the anime.

In addition, my ParaKiss Act 2 limited edition DVD box is still not delivered. Apparently, the item was so bulky and heavy and HMV Japan had to get me to agree to the shipping charges which were doubled from the original estimate. Coupled with the weekend delay, I'm still waiting for the item even though it was released last Friday. This time round, there is still a bonus DVD as well as a photo stand designed by Yazawa Ai. I guess the earliest I can get the package would be tomorrow, hopefully.

No comments: