Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The 200th Post Memorial Recap

This marks the 200th post in this blog and it's only been 1 year & 4 months since I started. My first blog was on Tennis no Oujisama in Aug 2004 which led me to think of doing one for other animes/manga. As such, that was why I started this new blog subsequently in Jan 2005. However, I was procastinating all the time and there was a particular month when I did nothing. Finally, I decided that it was time to stop giving excuses and change the situation. That started a frenzy to post reviews of what I've been watching before the format changed to a synopsis+review system which is now in place.

In my case, I would usually do episodic reviews only if I like the anime well enough. Otherwise, like what I've been doing in the past, I would just post a summary review when I finish the series. Of course, there have been some instances when I dropped the series halfway e.g. Okusama wa Joushikousei which got me cursing and swearing whenever I watched it. Nonetheless, I try to finish up what I've started on, barring unforseen circumstances.

Initially, my purpose of doing this was just a means of self-satisfaction and I didn't have the idea of promoting the blog. As I developed this space, I received some comments from visitors which made me realise that there were people reading this as well. That's when I made a more active effort in trying to promote the site by interlinking with other online facilities which I'm maintaining. Of course, I don't get anything out of increased hits but I do feel happy to see the stats going up.

Previously, Blogger had a problem with the post counter on the dashboard so I don't have an idea as to which is my 100th post. Now that this has been fixed, it just dawned on me that since I'm hitting the 200th mark, I might as well do a recap of what I've done so far. It helps me to keep track of things and visitors can try searching the archives for anything which interests you.

The Completed Series
* Those in italics have episodic reviews. Others have a summary review only.
1) Love Hina
2) Otogizoushi
3) Tantei Gakuen
4) Emma
5) Marmalade Boy
6) Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (Kare Kano)
7) Spiral
8) Peach Girl
9) Hachimitsu to Clover

The Incomplete Series
1) Yakitate Japan (summary Ep 1-24, episodic 25 ~ 56)
2) Monster (summary Ep 1-49, episodic 50 ~ 68)
3) Suzuka (summary Ep 1-2, episodic 3 ~ 23)
4) Gankutsuou 1 ~ 4
5) Hagane no Renkin Jutsushi 1 ~ 41
6) Paradise Kiss 1 ~ 7
7) Jigoku Shoujo 1 ~ 6
8) Mushishi 1 ~ 3
9) Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora 1 ~
10) Yomigaeru Sora 1 ~
11) Juousei 1 ~

There's a lot of backlog to be covered especially with the passing of each season but I will try to finish whatever I can. Hopefully by the end of the year or when the 300th post is hit, I would have cleared at least 3 titles from the list above. There are a number of interesting titles this season but at the same time, there are some which I dropped rather quickly like Gakuen Heaven and Girls' High. I can't bring myself to adapt to yaoi or moe type of stories. Nevertheless, I hope to get NANA, Ray The Animation and Ouran Koukou Host Club up on the blog soon or else the backlog will truly be a never-ending story. ^__^

And there's the manga reviews of Nodame Cantabile, Paradise Kiss and Hachikuro which I wish to do. Maybe I'm being too ambitious in trying to provide so much content based on a solo effort but I'll just keep to my pace or else this turns out to be a source of stress rather than a form of relaxation for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omedeto! keep it up the good work. your effort is appreciated.

Chiaki said...

Thanks for your encouragement and hope that you will continue to support this blog.