Thursday, May 11, 2006

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo - Kyuuketsuki Densetsu no Satsujin Jiken

This is the continuation from where the Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo manga series finished. Kindaichi and Miyuki are reunited for the first time ever since he went on a trip to an undisclosed location. Actually, there was a drama SP on this story last year starring a new combination i.e. Kamenashi Kazuya from KAT-TUN and Ueno Juri as the third generation Kindaichi and Miyuki. Thus, when I finally got hold of the manga version, I had already known the outcome. Despite this, I found that I still enjoyed the manga very much as compared to the drama SP where I wasn't so impressed with the cast and acting on the whole. In my opinion, the first generation of Domoto Tsuyoshi and Tomosaka Rie was still the best but that's not what I'm going to discuss here.

To prevent posting any spoilers for those who have not read the manga, I won't go into details of the case. Nevertheless, we get some answers from the author Amagi Seimaru as to why Kindaichi embarked on his cycling trip. It seems that his longtime foe Takato Yoichi had sent him some letters on where crimes would happen. This appeared to be a form of invitation for Kindaichi to prevent these from happening but in this case, he was too late to stop anything. Nevertheless, he could still solve the case and prevent the outcome from getting worse in a sense so I can say that he had achieved part of his aim. Apparently, this will not be the first case that's going to happen so at the end of the book, we find that Kindaichi will head to the next location which Takato pointed out.

From what I understand, there's another new case where the setting is at the Opera Theatre for the third time. Wonder why the author has a penchance for that place to have murders there repeatedly? Anyway, I suppose that Kindaichi will be going to that place to stop the next crime from happening but it is most likely that he will arrive in time to solve the case and clear up the pieces instead of being able to stop anything from happening. If nothing occurs, would there be a need for Kindaichi in the first place? ^__^

With the end of the Tantei Gakuen Q series, it's good to see Kindaichi making a comeback after 5 years. Although I doubt that the author would do a full series again, standalone cases like this are quite sufficient for me to satisfy my thirst for more Kindaichi action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its seem interesting! thanks for introducing. i think i will buy it.