Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Death Note Zenhen's first 10 minutes shown on NTV

As part of the promotional campaign for Part 1 of Death Note's real-life adaptation movie, the first 10 minutes were shown via NTV recently which you may view as below on YouTube. This is definitely a smart move in my opinion because the teaser will tempt many to head for the cinemas and I can't wait for the DVD to be released. However, as the concluding part, "Death Note - the Last Name" will only be shown from Nov, I guess the official DVD will only be available early next year.

In case you are wondering what the title means, it is said to mean whether Light or L will be the last name written in the Death Note. The story will have no connection with the manga so the answer will only be known when the second part is shown in cinemas.

Talking about the teaser, it's mainly about the Kira phenomenon with four deaths illustrated as examples while Fujiwara Tatsuya only appears as Light towards the end of the clip. As far as I can see, there is one subtle difference in one of the cases where a criminal held people hostage at a finance company instead of a kindergarten as shown in the manga. Personally, I would have wanted to catch a glimpse of L although it's impossible to see him within the first 10 minutes.



As a result of this real-life adaptation, I am now besotted with the actor, Matsuyama Kenichi who plays L. ^__^ Even though I've not seen the movie in full, the trailers and clips that I've watched have already convinced me that he's really suitable to play this character. Other than the appearance factor, his mannerisms are identical to what is featured in the manga and I must say that he's so cute when he took part in the surprise appearance at one of the cinemas unannounced with Fujiwara Tatsuya. That event was meant to commemorate the movie breaking the 1 million viewer mark and he was seen hugging a huge spiral of Chupa-Chups while sucking one in his mouth. You've got to watch the clip of the event below to see why I'm gushing about him in this manner!



There was also an announcement that Katase Nana will play Takada Kiyomi in "Death Note - the Last Name". I haven't come to that stage in the manga where she is introduced since I'm going to start on Vol 7 only. I'm a bit reluctant to start reading that because I know a favourite character of mine will say goodbye in this particular volume and I'm definitely reluctant to see that. The final volume of the manga i.e. Vol 12 is released today and I wonder when Kinokuniya will have it in their stores. This month is packed with releases of my favourites as Tenipuri, Death Note and Hachimitsu to Clover have new volumes coming up together. There goes my money again...

No comments: