Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2006 Otoko-ban (Top 20 Manga Ranking)

Here's the top 20 manga ranking published in the Otoko-ban of Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2006. Essentially, this means that the titles chosen here are targeted at guys but of course, gals also read these comics. In addition, these selected titles must also have released single-volume books within the period of 1 Oct 2004 to 30 Sep 2005. Among the top 20, I'm currently following Hagane no Renkin Jutsushi (Fullmetal Alchemist) while I've watched the anime of Mushishi and Ema so I may seek their manga versions in future. I didn't like the way how Ema ended which was incomplete so I've been thinking of whether I should get the manga. It surprised me though that this is not a manga targeted at girls though.

I'm also kind of disappointed that one of my favourites, Tennis no Oujisama did not even enter the Top 60 titles list even though I thought it is quite popular and usually enters the Top 3 of the sales ranking in Shueisha on the months it is released. Besides that, it also left me pondering where are the usual big shot manga titles like ONE PIECE and NARUTO which enjoys a strong following.

Those which I have an interest in would be highlighted in bold:

1) PLUTO - Tezuka Osamu / Urasawa Naoki
2) DEATH NOTE - Ooba Tsugumi / Obata Takeshi
3) Shissou Niki - Azuma Hideo
4) Hatarakiman - Anno Moyoko
5) Hagane no Renkin Jutsushi - Arakawa Hiromu
6) Homculus - Yamamoto Hideo
7) Moyashimon - Ishikawa Masayuki / Ookiku Furikabutte - Higuchi Asa
9) Kiichi - Arai Hideki / Danchi tomoo - Oda Tobira

11) Yuunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni - Kouno Fumio
12) Yotsubato - Azumaki Yohiko
13) Keroro Gunsou - Yoshizaki Mine
14) Mushishi - Urushibara Yuki
15) Showa Furou Fushi Densetsu Vampire - Tokuhito Masaya
16) HUNTER x HUNTER - Togashi Yoshihiro
17) Vinland Saga - Yukimura Makoto
18) Shigurui - Nanjou Norio & Yamaguchi Takayoshi / Majou - Igarashi Daisuke
20) Ema - Mori Kaoru / Genshiken - Kio Shimoku / Zetsubou ni Kiku Kusuri one on one - Yamada Reiji

No comments: