Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hachimitsu to Clover Real-Life Movie Making-Of DVD

With the impending screening of Hachikuro's real-life movie this summer, the making-of DVD will be released prior to that. The date of sale is 14 July and the catalog number is ACBD-10385. As there is only one DVD and I suppose the content is unlikely to last more than an hour, the price is 2500 yen (inclusive of tax). Due to the fact that I'm a big fan of the Hachikuro anime and manga, that is why I am including information of the real-life movie on my blog.

According to the information on HMV Japan, there will be a monologue from Sakurai Sho who plays the lead character Takemoto. There will also be clips from the movie itself as well as footage of the filming process. I believe more information will be available via the official movie's site when it's nearer to the release date. The DVD launch is in tune with the recent trend of many Japanese movies releasing making-of DVDs prior to the cinema launch so as to boost interest. And because I'm interested in the movie itself, it's no wonder I'm falling prey to this promotional gimmick and buying a Japanese movie's making-of DVD for the first time. ^__^

By the way, the theme songs for the movie had been revealed yesterday. As the author Umino Chika had mentioned before that the title of the manga was derived from songs of both artistes and the anime had used their songs extensively as the BGM, it is no wonder that they are roped in for the real-life movie. In addition, ARASHI will also be taking part in the music aspect since Sakurai is the lead for the movie. Spitz is singing the theme song, "Mahou no Kotoba" (The Words of Magic) while Sugashikao writes the ending song, "Aozora Petal" (The Blue Sky Petal) which is to be sung by ARASHI. Both songs will be released this summer in conjunction with the launch of the movie.

Frankly speaking, until I saw the cover of this DVD, I was very sceptical over whether the cast would be suitable to play the characters. I was very shocked to see Mayama (Iseya Yuusuke) and Yamada (Seki Megumi) looking so similar to the actual characters especially Iseya's tall and thin frame which is a dead ringer for Mayama. As for Seki, if she had dyed her hair a little bit, maybe it would look slightly better but the charm she exudes is so close to Yamada. My impression of Sakurai Sho has always been a smart and cool guy so I was worried over whether it would be hard for him to overcome this problem but his image looks fine for Takemoto although it borders on the side of silliness. As for Aoi Yu, I can't really judge whether she fits Hagu's image but the dress looks like something which Hagu would have worn. I wonder if she would tie her hair into two buns like what Hagu usually does. Last but not least, Kase Ryo as Morita, my No.1 favourite character...why on earth is he wearing those gaudy colours? Other than his Hikawa Kiyoshi-imitation enka singing performances during hanami, Morita doesn't wear anything as flashy as that! I'm just hoping that Kase will be able to bring out the essence of the talented Morita and will be prepared to overlook the image issue provided it doesn't differ too much from the Morita whom I've come to like.

No comments: