Monday, October 17, 2005

Hachikuro 2006 Calendar

Received the Hachikuro 2006 calendar from CD Japan today. It was much earlier than I expected given that the release date was on last Saturday and the website had given an estimated shipping date of at least 2 to 5 days after the release date. Somehow, I get the feeling that CD Japan gets its calendars much faster than what I experienced with HMV Japan last year. At that time, I bought the Tenipuri calendar and it took close to 1 month before I received it. When I enquired on the status, they could not tell me the exact reason causing the delay so that was really bothersome. I just hope that the Tenipuri 2006 calendar next month would be delivered promptly like what they did with Hachikuro.

Talking about the calendar, it's too big for my scanner and I don't have a digital camera to capture the images. As such, I've used the image on CD Japan instead but the actual cover is not like this. The 5 main characters of Takemoto, Hagu, Morita, Mayama and Yamada are all featured but I was disappointed not to find Hanamoto inside. Thus, this means that characters like Rika, Harada, Nomiya or Miwako-san are not shown here. Anyway, the images are based on the anime thus it does look somewhat different from the manga. Most of the 6 pictures feature the 5 characters but there is one featuring the guys and another featuring the girls. I'm very satisfied about this purchase and am glad that they did not include chibi versions of the characters so that I can ogle at Morita.

No comments: