Sunday, March 13, 2005

Anime I've watched

Titles in bold are my favourites and I'm only listing those which I've finished. This list will get updated once I finish any new series.

1) Slam Dunk
Super classic, watched it 4 times, simply adore Mitsui, Sendou, Fujima

2) Prince of Tennis
Another of my top fav, collecting the DVDs currently, obsessed with Tezuka, Sanada, Atobe (my top three) and admire Fuji, Momo, Eiji, Inui, Renji, Oshitari, Choutarou, Sengoku, Saeki, Davide etc.

3) Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Graphics were nice but the story is too draggy. I could have pulled the guy out from the anime and shot him for being so indecisive...Just what do those two girls like him for?

4) Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo
Read the manga first so knew most if not all of the answers before watching the anime. Might have enjoyed it better if I didn't know the story but it was still good as one of the investigative/detective classics. Graphics-wise, Kindaichi is not some bishonen or hunk and I didn't like his seiyuu's voice too. Very childish-feel...

5) Yakitate Japan
Funny and informative anime, there's a mix of friendship and rivalry too. Seeing how the bread is made would be a good learning experience especially some of the bread featured are really sold in Lawson. I'm quite interested in the melon pan which Azuma made but too bad, I don't live in Japan.

6) Otogizoushi
Fantastic for the Heian arc but not so good for the Tokyo arc. Mansairaku is the highlight in the Heian arc, great story with unexpected twist and beautiful graphics. Nice background music and cool OP (for Heian). The ED for the Tokyo arc sounds like it's sung by Ayumi but apparently it's not.

7) Boys Be
Good story which touches on the relationships between a group of friends. Not too draggy in my opinion and it's rather meaningful. Somehow, there's a sense of deja vu when watching this as it reminds me of my schooling days but of course, I don't have such a "colourful and eventful" love life then (as if I'm having it now...)

8) Fushigi Yuugi
Too long for me... extremely repetitive and I can never comprehend why two guys want to fight over that squeaky voice Miaka. Some of the characters were quite interesting but the story's length was making me very irritated. The love segment can never depart from the boy and girl love each other, have a misunderstanding and then make up, quarrel again etc. Tsumaranai desu!

9) Tantei Gakuen Q
Although I watched this after reading the manga (which is still continuing), the story is not entirely the same as the manga so it's quite interesting. I'm still halfway through this...

10) Gokusen
Boring, graphics not to my liking. I watched the drama version first and the story is more or less the same. The genre gets stale after all this while...

11) Initial D
Well, initially, it was quite nice with a lot of techno music to fit the racing scenes and I liked the anime better than the manga but the fourth season is quite boring so I gave up watching. Project D was supposed to be quite interesting but somehow, I lost the momentum (i watched Act 1 - 3 at one go) after stopping for close to a year before seeing Act 4. Besides, the graphics are not too well done. I mean after seeing animes with very fine pictures, Initial D's graphics just makes me feel disastisfied.

12) Love Hina
Quite boring and some of the episodes don't seem to have a purpose. Anyway, the graphics are OK, personal fav characters would be Motoko, Kitsune and Su.

No comments: