Thursday, July 28, 2005

Okusama wa Joushikousei Ep 7 - 8

Well, I had thought that things were heading towards more exciting developments with the suspicion Asami has about Ichimaru meeting Iwasaki after school but it looks as if nothing will happen in the meantime since she chose to believe him. Personally, I would like to see a bit of conflict here instead of the lovey-dovey staff about their relationship. The anime lacks depth in discussing the marriage between Asami and Ichimaru and chose to focus on the ecchi-aspect instead. Frankly speaking, I don't like Asami's character i.e. too weak, dependent and Ichimaru just cannot seem to say no to others. I bet Iwasaki will make use of this weak point to woo Ichimaru since she's totally unaware that he's married. And when that happens, will we see an improvement in the quality of the plot?

I'm not too sure whether I want to continue watching this. I feel like I'm just wasting my time trying to watch this which is totally targetted at a group where I obviously don't belong to (the ecchi-scene lovers) and I simply cannot stand a whining girl all the time. I'll rather spend the time on Suzuka which is more emotinally intense and thought-provoking.

No comments: