Sunday, July 24, 2005

Okusama wa Joushikousei (My wife is a senior high school student)

Finished watching 6 episodes of this so far. Content-wise, I still think more can be done to make it more compelling since it seems to be emphasizing on the graphics aspect i.e. the ecchi-ness. I've said before that I don't really like animes where they draw females who are too well-endowed on the top so this anime got me a bit irritated with some of the suggestive scenes. And Asami, the wife in this anime kept harping on the fact that "nothing" has happened between her and her husband, Ichimaru Kyosuke. I know she must be feeling insecure but does she have to depend on that just to prove how much Ichimaru loves her or whether he's being loyal? Oh well, the anime didn't even go into details on why they got married at this point in time. That is why I think they should get down to some of these issues first before dishing out more ecchi scenes.

And we have some troublemakers in the form of the Sakura family of mother and son. The mother is eyeing Ichimaru while the son admires Asami. Maybe there would be some problems but I guess the bigger threat should be Iwasaki-sensei who was caught behaving intimately with another male student by Ichimaru. I have no doubts that this Iwasaki-sensei will make more trouble than the Sakura mother.

The only familiar voice actor is Namikawa Daisuke who played Ootori Choutarou in Tenipuri.

Oh, by the way, that opening line, "Asami desu. Watashi wa 17-sai no joushikousei desu. Minna ni wa naishou dakedo, jitsu wa watashi kekkon shiteimasu." gets on my nerves. All right, we know you are married. You don't have to keep repeating this, right? I might just stop watching this if nothing improves or the suggestive scenes get more explicit.

No comments: