Saturday, November 04, 2006

Death Note Shueisha 2007 Calendar Review

I received the Death Note Shueisha 2007 calendar last Friday but could only find time today to post a review about this product. The picture on the right is for the month of March which is my birthday month and I happen to like this picture too thus explaining why I decided to include this in the post.

This calendar consists of 6 sheets in laminated plastic form with 1 month printed on each side. Each picture will consist of the characters in the story including Light, L, Misa, Near and Mero. For your information, Misa dominates the months of January and February with her solo shots so she can be considered to have the highest exposure rate among the characters if you also count her appearances in other months with various characters. I guess this is good news for fans of Misa but I would have loved to see more of Light or L.

Another picture which I like is this solo shot of L in April. His appearance ratio in this calendar is simply too low and that's only restricted to this picture and the small corner he has in March. Even Mero and Near seems to enjoy more prominent focus than L who is a key character in how the story develops.

I was expecting to see new pictures in this calendar but was disappointed to see many familiar images like the double-shot of Ryuk and Light against the height measurement background. As such, it was quite upsetting to see old pictures rather than new ones. I thought the manga artist would have come up with something new for the calendar which I doubt a new edition will be released next year now that the manga has already ended. Nonetheless, the quality of the pictures are still fairly good so I'm prepared to let this pass. Anyway, I don't have any solution but to complain here. ^__^ I have also taken shots of the plastic stand containing the logo of Death Note which displays the pictures in back and side view so you may judge for yourself whether you want to buy this after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. i just saw your profile and your pic is sort of games right?
it looks quite interesting. :)

Chiaki said...

The picture in my profile is obtained from an online quiz to find out which Death Note character resembles you. I found the description quite accurate and since I like L very much, that's why I decided to put it in my profile.

Thanks for leaving your comments and hope that you will continue to support this site.